This post may contain affiliate links. This means that if you click on one, I might receive a small commission, which is what helps keep TLM up, and running! I only promote products/services/companies that I use personally and believe in.
Springtime is finally upon us!! I’m both excited and a little sad! Winter is my favorite time of the year even though I don’t love the slosh that it leaves around for a while! With spring upon and being out and about so much more this month has been all about convenience and ease so I can get ready and get out the door!
With that, welcome to my first ever what’s in my makeup bag!! I truthfully didn’t think that I would ever post one of these since my interest is more on skincare than on makeup but I’ve been getting a lot of responses from you guys on Instagram whenever I post some of the products that I use (HUGE THANKS by the way!!) These are my seven current makeup essentials with my absolute favorite being mascara!! What about you?? What is that one thing that you need to feel just a little more confident going outside?
– I love the beautifully “fluffy” brush! Is that a thing? I don’t know but my point is that it creates very full lashes! Being it’s a rather large brush getting the lower lashes can be a little tricky but the overall drama is so worth the extra meticulousness. The formula is long lasting but I do notice some flaking after about 14 hours or so. I just take as a little cue that I’ve been wearing makeup for to long! One of the main reasons that I bought this one is because the formula also has collagen built in. Since collagen is super amazing in our skin and out hair, I figured it has to be good for our lashes! The collagen is supposed to help make our lashes soft and create stronger lashes. Super weird but super true! My lashes, when the mascara is properly removed, are very soft. As far as being stronger, I’ve truthfully not noticed a difference.7 makeup essentials for spring! Click To Tweet
– this is more of my every day, all day kind of mascara so of course it had to make my makeup essentials list. I love that it has a lower lash end built into the handle. So effective! I will definitely be purchasing again! The formula goes on very smooth though it takes a couple coats to really see the effects but it doesn’t flake!! PIXI is a little on the pricey side seeing as it’s technically a drugstore product but it truly is worth it!
– I only recently began filling my eyebrows purely on a regular basis to get them to appear a touch darker and fuller. I don’t go to some of the lengths as other more practiced artists but I do my best! This bad boy is another Soap and Glory! And I’m going to be honest that when I initially bought this I thought that it was an eyebrow pencil but as it turns out it’s an eyeliner… see! I told you I’m not great with this whole makeup thing HAHA but it still use it for my eyebrows and it truly works very well! It’s waterproof and I hardly ever notice it smudge!
– Another PIXI fav! The rose balm flash! This is my first primer that I’ve ever tried and it’s awesome because it’s a triple threat! It can also be used as a moisturizer and a facemask! I love using it primarily as a primer but when I notice my skin is more on the dry side then I’ll use it as an overnight mask, which works wonders! The smell is amazing! My BB cream goes on very smoothly after prepping with this one. I just love that my skin feels so amazing afterwards! Whether it’s for prep or just a mask.
– Now I’m sure that we’re all huge fans of E.L.F! I love E.L.F! The products are so incredibly cheap but still high quality. Other than the flash balm, I’ve started including this primer stick. I initially bought this as a secondary moisturizer or as a quick on the go hydrator to use when I have like 5 minutes to get ready! The only down side is I feel like I use a lot of product unintentionally because I feel like I’m missing spots when I apply it. Total operator error LOL it’s really a great product though! I love how cooling and soothing it is! As a primer it works just as well as the other one that I’ve used! (The one other one HAHA)
– L’Oreal Magic skin-beautifer! This BB cream is what I’ve been using whenever I feel my skin is super red and uneven and it just needs a little bit of extra help. Now the way that this works, is the cream comes out green and then blends to match your skin tone “perfectly”. Well it works fine, by fine I mean it kind of does what it says it will. Sometimes I notice I have orange spots no matter how much I blend. I’ll just be honest and say that I won’t be repurchasing this one LOL it doesn’t blend well, the coverage is okay, and it has this weird grainy feel to it that I’m not a huge fan of. I don’t have a ton of experience with BB, CC, or foundations but I do know that this just doesn’t cut it.
– The only luxury brand that I’ve been using was given to me as a gift. The Bye Bye concealer which is the thickest formula of any makeup that I’ve used before and sometimes it’s a little too thick LOL when that happens I need to mix it with some an eye cream or something just to help it go on a little easier. By far though this is the best concealer that I’ve used before! The coverage is amazing and a little goes a long way making a killer part of makeup essentials!
What about you?? What are your current makeup essentials?? Let me know in the comments! And don’t forget to subscribe for access to exclusive blogging, skincare, and life advice!
All the best,